Watertown Public Schools District Vision and Goals
District Vision for the Watertown Public Schools
Schools are our community’s first choice for educational excellence. We provide
relevant, rigorous, and engaging instruction that challenges all students to
reach their potential. We maintain strong relationships with students,
families, and our community. All students graduate high school and are
college and career ready.
District Core Beliefs
- We believe that maintaining high expectations for students
and staff leads to higher levels of student achievement.
- We believe that literacy and problem solving are essential
components of learning and essential life skills.
- We believe that caring and supporting relationships between
and among educators, students, and parents leads to higher levels of
- We believe that continuous improvement in the overall quality
of our school district is achieved by creating realistic goals, along with
corresponding systems to measure the progress of those goals.
- We believe that effective collaboration and communication
among families, school personnel, and the community results in more
Strategic Goals for 2016-2017
- Teaching and Learning
- All students will be able to write, produce, and speak
grounded in evidence for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- All students will be able to solve a range of problems,
making productive use of their knowledge and problem-solving strategies.
- We will implement a comprehensive budget development plan
that ensures all resources are used to meet the needs of all students and
the district’s goals.
- We will plan for the efficient use and proactive maintenance
of all district facilities.
- School & District Culture
- We will provide a physically and emotionally safe and supportive
- We will engage in two-way communication with our community
and all stakeholders, and engage them in our improvement efforts.